Image via Pexels
Article submitted by James Hall
Every animal deserves to feel loved, but it’s important for everyone to understand what actions they can take to care for – and even prevent the number of – unwanted animals. Today, Pooch Approved Products shares some tips and resources to help you do just that.
Reduce the Number of Unwanted Animals
To reduce the number of unwanted animals, we must take a stand.
To stop puppy mills dead in their tracks, don't support the sale of young pets in retail stores.
- Advocate for the adoption of pets that are already homeless instead. Volunteer to help at a shelter. You can even suggest walking the dogs around an outdoor shopping center or other walkable area nearby to generate interest in the animals.
- Don't hesitate to report activities such as illegal breeding to the authorities.
Start Your Own Nonprofit
Nonprofit organizations and corporations can usually accomplish much more than individuals can on their own.
- Choose a business model that will promote your mission.
- Look into ways that your nonprofit can save money, so you can allocate it to more pressing needs.
- Apply for tax exemption status so that all proceeds and donations are tax-free. In fact, look into all nonprofit tax benefits, as they come with quite a few.
- Next, you’ll need to spread the word – and a great way to do that is through the use of infographics, which combine eye-catching images with short lists of information about your nonprofit’s mission and contact information. Not sure where to start? You can click here to access a free infographic maker.
Ask for Help
The more united we are, the more we can achieve. Moreover, we are able to take a greater stand against injustice to animals that don't deserve inhumane treatment.
● Appeal to the public for donations of any kind - every little bit helps! Ask a shelter or other nonprofit what they need and run a campaign to raise funds for those items or collect donations. Look up veterinarian-recommended pet care items in order to use donations to buy good quality items for the nonprofits.
- Donate what you can by putting a standing order on your account to go to the animal welfare society of your choice. Also, look up veterinarian-recommended pet care items and make strategic donations
- Raise awareness anywhere you can, such as by making noise on social media.
- Sign petitions for causes you care about (and have others sign them too).
Make Your Own Changes Today
Advocating for animals is important because they cannot ask for help themselves. In fact, finding ways to support these creatures is one of the most honorable things a person can do. Whether you start a nonprofit or join support for a currently existing organization, your effort will make a difference. No effort is too small. A walk, a donation, and starting a good cause can all make positive changes in these animals’ lives.
Pooch Approved Products seeks to make the pain and inconvenience of cleaning up pet waste a thing of the past for all. We’d love to hear from you!
Leave a comment